Old School Brooklyn
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
W. 9th St.–Union St; Henry St.–Hoyt St.
This venue is closed.
Old School Brooklyn, a quaint, neighborhood-y restaurant on bustling Court Street, is a welcome addition to the area, with white brick walls, wooden furniture, and an airy dining room—but the menu isn’t a knockout. The mozzarella appetizer, with basil, tomato, and olive oil, is uninspired, with little seasoning and mediocre presentation. Entrées like chicken with mushrooms, olives, and Sicilian couscous and pan-roasted Portobello mushrooms with wild arugula, salsa verde, and tomato are perfectly edible, but they're certainly not memorable. On a brighter note, Old School’s pastas are filling and flavorful, and the veal meatballs with a light marinara are decadent, hearty, and authentically delicious. Sweet drinks by Brooklyn Soda will transport you to an era of artisanal sodas and unregulated, fully sugared beverages, and the daily changing dessert menu—handwritten on a chalkboard hung on the wall—will make you want to save room until the end.Recommended Dishes
Meatballs, $13; mushrooms, $16
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu