Sun-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri, 11am-2 hours before sunset; Sat, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 42nd St.-Bryant Park
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
State St. to 96th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Anyone who's confined his pita-sandwich consumption to MacDougal Street and street carts is likely suffering from a common misperception: If you've had one shawarma, you've had 'em all. Disabuse yourself of that notion by ordering the succulent Middle Eastern-Israeli poultry version at Olympic Pita, a bustling kosher restaurant in midtown Manhattan. The flavorful amalgam of chicken and turkey is sliced off the spit and rolled up in a pita or—better yet—a sesame-seeded lafa, the blistered and blackened brick-oven bread resilient enough to contain the juicy, flavorful meat and the awesome sauces (like a sweet-and-sour mango condiment called amba). The sandwich price includes a salad bar, with all manner of crunchy shawarma add-ons like sour pickles, radishes, pickled turnips, and delectably oily deep-fried eggplant.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu