One If by Land, Two If by Sea
Mon-Thu, 5:30pm-9:30pm; Fri, 5:30pm-11:15pm; Sat, 11:30am-2pm and 5:15pm-11:15pm; Sun, 11:30am-2pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Notable Wine List
- Design Standout
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
New Yorkers may agree on very little, but this pricey classic gets a landslide vote for New York's most romantic dining experience. Sit in what was once Aaron Burr's carriage house—surrounded by flowers, warmed by dual fireplaces, lulled by the mellow stylings of the resident pianist—and you may wish you had a ring in your pocket. If you can tear your attention away from your date, you'll find that the famed beef Wellington is fine, as are the other French and American standards on the prix fixe menu. The service, however, can be a bit cool.Prix-Fixe
Three-course dinner, $90; six-course tasting menu, $125; six-course tasting menu paired with wine, $185.
À la carte dining is possible only at the bar.
Beef wellington, prix-fixe only.
- Daughters of Brooklyn’s Pot-Growing Cherry Mogul Are Suing Police for His Suicide
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam