One If by Land, Two If by Sea
Mon-Thu, 5:30pm-9:30pm; Fri, 5:30pm-11:15pm; Sat, 11:30am-2pm and 5:15pm-11:15pm; Sun, 11:30am-2pm and 5:30pm-9:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Classic NY
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Notable Wine List
- Design Standout
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
New Yorkers may agree on very little, but this pricey classic gets a landslide vote for New York's most romantic dining experience. Sit in what was once Aaron Burr's carriage house—surrounded by flowers, warmed by dual fireplaces, lulled by the mellow stylings of the resident pianist—and you may wish you had a ring in your pocket. If you can tear your attention away from your date, you'll find that the famed beef Wellington is fine, as are the other French and American standards on the prix fixe menu. The service, however, can be a bit cool.Prix-Fixe
Three-course dinner, $90; six-course tasting menu, $125; six-course tasting menu paired with wine, $185.
À la carte dining is possible only at the bar.
Beef wellington, prix-fixe only.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up