- READER REVIEWS
One Lucky Duck
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
This takeout shop and juice bar is the offshoot of raw-vegan spot Pure Food & Wine. You’ll find some of that restaurant’s greatest hits packaged and available to go–like the delicious lasagna, made with two kinds of tomatoes, macadamia-nut ricotta, and shaved zucchini for noodles, and “mint sundae,” a trio of three extremely creamy vegan ice creams. While main courses are pricey for takeout, they burst with freshness and rove across cuisines, from spicy Thai lettuce wraps to “taco salad” made with guacamole, cashew sour cream, and a cumin-laced vegan taco crumble. At the juice bar, swan greens get a citrusy kick from yuzu and grapefruit and there’s a menu of smoothies and “shakes” made with vegan vanilla ice cream. There’s also a small selection of packaged “Rawtella” spread, sprouted-nut crackers and the like. If founder Sarma Melgailis’s pretty face is displayed a little too prominently on posters and cookbook covers, hey, consider it an example of what raw food can do.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods