Open the Sesame
This venue is closed.
Petom Kochawattana admits to making certain flavor concessions for his tame-palated clientele at Bangkok Kitchen, his Caldwell, New Jersey, Thai restaurant. But at Open the Sesame, the "noodle, rice, and grill" establishment on Orchard Street, he vows, "I'm not holding anything back." Kochawattana, whose own artwork decorates the space, showcases what he considers Southeast Asian street food, from crispy lotus roots with spicy avocado sauce to cilantro-and-garlic pork-ball sandwiches. "I grew up in the kitchen," says Kochawattana, who was one of eleven kids in his Udon Thani household, and food service seems to run in the family: His sister Diane owns Sa-Woy, Pad Thai, Regional Thai, and the new Sticky Rice.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu