Open the Sesame
This venue is closed.
Petom Kochawattana admits to making certain flavor concessions for his tame-palated clientele at Bangkok Kitchen, his Caldwell, New Jersey, Thai restaurant. But at Open the Sesame, the "noodle, rice, and grill" establishment on Orchard Street, he vows, "I'm not holding anything back." Kochawattana, whose own artwork decorates the space, showcases what he considers Southeast Asian street food, from crispy lotus roots with spicy avocado sauce to cilantro-and-garlic pork-ball sandwiches. "I grew up in the kitchen," says Kochawattana, who was one of eleven kids in his Udon Thani household, and food service seems to run in the family: His sister Diane owns Sa-Woy, Pad Thai, Regional Thai, and the new Sticky Rice.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl