Orbit East Harlem
Mon-Fri, 4pm-2am; Sat-Sun, 11am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 116th St.
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Smoking Area
- Full Bar
100th St. to 124th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Give credit to Orbit's founder, Dee Hengstler, for bringing this tasteful restaurant/bar to the humble environs of far East Harlem. In a neighborhood marked by fading bodegas, gypsy cab services and comida criolla joints, Orbit offers locals a swanky alternative: live jazz, a genial atmosphere and a sophisticated, if not always successful, menu. Dinners start on a high note with lightly toasted crostini topped with garlic-marinated white beans. Yet the chicharron de pollo entrée, marinated overnight in Bacardi rum, is surprisingly bland given the dish's Latin pedigree. Handmade pastas fill out a large chunk of the menu, with daily raviolis like cod in sage and butter sauce constituting the most unusual.Happy Hour
Mon.–Sat., 4 p.m.–7 p.m.; $1 off all drinks, $5 frozen drinksRecommended Dishes
Roasted duck rolls, $9; steak aux poivre filet mignon, $22
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu