Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 21st St., Second Ave. to Eighth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
The awning proclaims “family-style,” but don’t think The Olive Garden—at Osso Buco, the ample, reasonably priced portions are surprisingly tasty. You’ll find classics such as eggplant parmigiana, homemade spaghetti and meatballs, and fresh, tomato-heavy pasta fagioli. But it’s the namesake dish, literally meaning “bone hole,” that deserves your attention. The moist veal separates effortlessly from the shank and sits atop a hefty serving of fettucine; a tiny fork stuck in the center, perfect for scooping out the innards, adds a dramatic flair—as does the opera and Italian pop playing in the background. The mood, however, is laid-back and the crowd unpretentious. As for dessert: the tiramisu disappoints, but you probably wouldn’t have room for it anyway.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu