Sun-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
- No Alcohol
You've got two choices at Otafuku, and both transport you to Tokyo. The first: okonomiyaki, which is often called Japanese pizza but is more like a savory thick pancake filled with cabbage, shrimp or pork, and topped with a special sauce, mayonnaise, dried bonito flakes, and seaweed powder. The second: takoyaki, little fritters filled with chopped octopus, ginger, and scallions. Think doughnut holes, only savory. It's very rare to find this stuff in New York. Consider yourself lucky.
Best of New York Awards
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More