Mon-Fri, noon-10pm; Sat-Sun, 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, 7, S at Grand Central-42nd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Classic NY
- Notable Wine List
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
When the Palm was just a red-sauce hangout for neighborhood newspapermen (and a few Lois Lanes), one of the owners would run up the street to the butcher for steak if some Hearst biggies insisted on meat. Well, none of us is exactly in desperate need of carb-and-fat overload, but who can refuse the Palm’s sensational sirloin slab? What a shock: broccoli (in an ideal state of cooked-but-not-too) and cottage fries-chips, actually hot and well seasoned. Did I say huge? Everything is huge. "Our veal parmigiana hangs over the plate," boasts the waiter.
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture
- Why This Leading London Chef Feels Energized by New York Kitchens
- Oxford Student Refuses to Tip Server Because She’s White