- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Smith-9th Sts.
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Notable Wine List
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Named for a rare variety of well-aged sherry, this tapas bar has its requisite share of candlelit ambiance, sponge-painted walls, and tables for two. The menu offers tapas frias and calientes, served on delicate dishes with sleek modernist flatware. Lightly spiced options such as patatas bravas, shishito peppers, and a paella of bomba saffron rice, piquillo peppers, corn, and chickpeas counter cooler entries like an esalada de esparrago con huevo frito. There's also a winning plate of gently piquant lamb meatballs in a mint cucumber yogurt. Generous meat-and-cheese combos include add-ons like spicy almonds and a sweet quince jam to enhance a creamy goat’s milk cheese, an especially tart blue crumble, and thick chunks of aged, dry-cured ham. Desserts, like a caramel-covered flan and chocolate cake, are missable.Recommended Dishes
Charcuteries and quesos (3 for $15, 6 for $25)
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu