Mon-Fri, 11:30am-3pm; Sat-Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 51st St.; E, M at Lexington Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
42th St. to 57th St., York Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
For the finest tacos in New York City, go straight to the nameless midtown office tower at 805 Third Avenue, take the escalator to the below-ground atrium, and stand in line with the rest of the salivating lunchtime salary folk at Pampano Taqueria. You'll find seven varieties of freshly made corn or flour tacos (try the ones rolled with hanger steak or chunks of shrimp and chile de arbol salsa) and giant, wet-bottomed Mexican sandwiches (called tortas) loaded with shredded chicken and laced with creamy tomatillo salsa, or steamy ropes of pulled pork. These formidable creations are wrapped in yards of a silvery cellophane so you can consume them on the fly, in a messy lather, as I did, or surreptitiously in the privacy of your own cubicle.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s