- READER REVIEWS
Panchito's Mexican Restaurant y Cantina
Sun-Thu, 5:30-11:30pm; Fri-Sat, 5:30-1:30am
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
Every once in a while, Manhattan delivers a hole-in-the-wall taqueria that does our neighbors south of the border justice. Panchito’s never pretends to be that place. Instead, this neighborhood cantina promotes a summer-break-in-Baja cuisine for which the main course is the Margarita. Amid mismatched leather and canvas couches or sequestered off in a booth made from discarded van seats, partying NYU undergrads, FIT designers-in-training, and aspiring librarians from Parsons spill over into three expansive rooms where the pleasantly dilapidated ambiance is lit by punched-tin lights and decorated with Oregon Trail accessories. (Check out the time on the banjo clock.) As for the food, the greasy and generous portions of Tex-Mex classics—burritos, nachos, fajitas—are designed to satisfy alcohol-induced cravings exclusively.Recommended Dishes
Frozen margarita, $9.95
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella