Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Greenwich St. to Lafayette St.; Broome St. to Murray St.
This venue is closed.
As the name suggests, the main attraction at Pane Panelle is the magnificent and seldom-seen chickpea-flour-fritter sandwich with fresh ricotta, caciocavallo cheese, and a sprinkling of pecorino that Paul Di Bari perfected at the defunct Bar Stuzzichini. Also on offer are a meatball hero, a muffuletta, and, in what ought to be designated as the crazy-genius section of the menu, two takes on the headliner: the melanzane e panelle (fried eggplant, tomato sauce, those aforementioned chickpea fritters, a slice of mortadella, and pecorino) and the panelle parm (chickpea fritters, mozzarella, and tomato sauce).
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, Günter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama