Sun-Mon, 11am-4pm and 5pm-10pm; Tue-Sat, 11am-4pm and 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 96th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
86th St. to 96th St., Lexington Ave. to Fifth Ave.
Casual but pricey, this Upper East Side Italian restaurant is one of the city’s best-kept secrets. The fresh pasta served here is perfect, cooked to just the right texture, and the Bolognese sauce—a flavorful mix of beef and pork ragu—is succulent. Less traditional pastas include the ravioli zucca (squash ravioli). Finish your meal with a deliciously rich ricotta cheesecake and a surprisingly flavorful decaf espresso. Indoors, the rustic red tile floor can make for a noisy experience, but diners have the option of sidewalk dining in the summer months. Service can be somewhat aloof at times, but don’t let that stop you from coming to this excellent restaurant.Recommended Dishes
Insalate di barbe, $14; fettuccine Bolognese, $22
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu