Sun-Thu, 8am-midnight; Fri-Sat, 8am-1am
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.
- Classic NY
- No Alcohol
The lively atmosphere at this original NYC purveyor of the tube steak/tropical drink combo makes you wonder how patrons, once inside, even remember what they came for. Multicolored tiles, neon signs and advertisements bragging that the franks are "Tastier than Fillet Mignon" compete for their attention. But the main draw, the hickory-smoked hot dogs—a beef recipe seasoned with garlic, oregano, and other tasty spices—is difficult to forget. To point, New Yorkers have been enjoying them since 1932. Order the "complete," the indispensable hot mustard and sauerkraut combo, with a cup of milky papaya juice. If the assertions on one poster listing the health benefits of different fruit juices are correct, then papaya aids in the digestion of protein.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s