Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.; 6 at 23rd St.
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Live Music
- Notable Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
10th St. to 34th St., 3rd Ave. to 7th Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
After Kellari owners Stavros Aktipis and Stanthis Antonakopoulos moved into Parea, the short-lived modern Greek venture by Cleveland chef Michael Symon, he remodeled the restaurant after his more traditional rustic taverna in midtown. The large space is now bathed in yellow light—though the décor is still upscale, with spacious booths, high ceilings, and wine barrel accents. Deliciously spongey, glistening blocks of kaseri cheese—stacked on a divided plate next to nicely grassy olive oil—and warm triangles of pita start every meal. The kitchen is best at simple fare: Mix-and-match souvlaki sticks hold chunks of salty, daintily charred cubes of chicken or tips of steak; an appetizer of plump shrimp, scallops, and mussels dabbed with feta comes in the same light tomato base as plaki, Chilean sea bass in a soupy sauce with firm fingerlings. On the impressively Greek wine list, Moschofilero and Savatiano varietals share space with that Pine-Solesque stalwart, restina.Recommended Dishes
Souvlaki, $5.95; plaki, $25.95
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafĂ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’