Nearby Subway Stops
2, 3 at Grand Army Plaza; B, Q at Seventh Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- No Alcohol
Boerum Hill, Clinton Hill, Gowanus, Greenwood, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Windsor Terrace
As luncheonettes go, this one’s attractive, with light pink walls trimmed with wood paneling, then graced by framed photos of nineteenth-century New York. Above, a copper-toned tin ceiling sports beige ceiling fans. But the charm stops there as the gargantuan menu trumps any virtuosity with an overemphasis on variety. Standard-issue items (omelettes, burgers, sandwiches, salads, steaks, chops, and seafood) are grilled, roasted, or deep-fried in the most perfunctory manner. With more than 200 choices, though, this place is certainly popular for families with finicky kids.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu