- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 6pm-11pm; Sat, 5pm-11pm; Sun, 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
G at Greenpoint Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
New Jersey's Paul Giannone, known in the pizza community for being the most passionate of at-home pizza makers, goes official with this Greenpoint pizzeria featuring Neapolitan-style pies made in his specially constructed wood-fired oven. After you pass through heavy barn doors, the main space here feels like a cabin, with a rustic and cozy bar, mismatched chairs, and reclaimed-wood tables that allow a view of the large, dome-shaped oven. An overhanging chalkboard displays specials, like the occasional Cherry Jones with its fior di latte (cow’s-milk mozzarella), thick Gorgonzola, sweet dried Bing cherries, and prosciutto di Parma. The menu features local ingredients when possible, with most pizzas topped with fior di latte and Italian tomatoes. The Greenpointer combines baby arugula and fresh lemon juice for an interestingly acidic and leafy experience, while the Spectacle is heavily sauced and topped with speck and sliced onions. Aside from the pizzas, a few salads composed of similar ingredients are on offer, as well as a few desserts featuring Van Leeuwen ice cream and treats from nearby Ovenly. If that’s not sweet enough, wash it down with a Mexican coke, which replaces the soda’s usual high-fructose corn syrup with natural cane sugar.Recommended Dishes
Cherry Jones, $18
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?