- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Good for Groups
- Great Desserts
- Tea Time
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
67th St. to 97th St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
- Order Delivery with peacefoodcafe.com
This vegan café-restaurant combo offers a menu spanning the meat-free spectrum. In the morning there’s soy lattes and Brazil nut chais alongside a rotating cast of original pastries filled with soy cream and fruit and dusted with a pinch of sugar. Peacefood's interior resembles a soft-lit thrift store, with shaded chandeliers hovering over gray-green walls littered with decorative vanity mirrors, miniature oils, and framed newsprint. A lunch-centric menu has something to please all but the most devoted carnivore; there's a create-your-own vegetable combination option and three raw-food entrée options consisting of fresh produce mishmash. Standard snacks receive unique treatments: Chickpea fries are almost fluffy under thin, crisp shells; delicate steamed dumplings satisfy with a fleshy mushroom filling. Limited dinner selections prove just as tasty, with a hearty soy-chicken Parmesan cutlet/penne plate topping the lineup. Patrons must visit the front counter after their meals to examine nightly dessert choices, but any shelf featuring $1.50 mini-brownies deserves at least a casual once-over.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s