- READER REVIEWS
This lofty, light-flooded café attains a look you might christen Tribeca Modern. The brick’s exposed, as are the concrete floors and the guts of the building; heating vents and pipes snake along the white-painted tin ceiling. Communal tables are filled with plenty of softly glowing Macs toted by arty downtowners but the casual fare is more sustenance than sublime: artisanal sandwiches, niçoise salads, and a remarkably extensive list of soups. Then again, since the coffee’s strong and there’s free wi-fi, that might be fuel enough for many.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More