- READER REVIEWS
Philly Slim's Cheesesteak
This venue is closed.
The cult of cheesesteak is something you're either part of or not, but if the packed tables at this spot are any indication, new members are being indoctrinated every day. Slim’s serves cheesesteak the way Philly purists demand: Greasy, with chunks of grilled meat, Cheez Whiz, and piles of fried onions and peppers all stuffed into doughy white rolls. They have plenty of variations on the signature sandwich, like the pizza steak, with grilled steak or chicken, provolone, and marinara sauce; and Slim's Pick, with grilled steak, American cheese, pickles, lettuce, and Russian dressing. A birch beer and an order of crispy waffle-cut fries are the perfect accompaniments. If you're inclined to take the junk-food binge one step further, you can even grab a chocolate or peanut butter Tastykake on your way out.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu