- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Fri, 11:30am-11pm; Sat, 4:30pm-midnight; Sun, 2pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
N, Q at 30th Ave.; M, R at Steinway St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Notable Wine List
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
In its stereotypical old-world splendor, the very red dining room here looks like a leftover movie set from nearby Kaufman Astoria Studios. The cooks are masters of sauce, especially the garlic-laden product ladled over hot seafood antipasto, and the mercifully non-gloppy traditional brown sauce on the osso buco. On a menu of surprising depth, seafood entrees—especially shrimp, langoustines and lobster "prepared any way you like"—stand out, in keeping with the kitchen's ostensibly Venetian orientation.Wine List
The restaurant's extensive list, which is well priced, has given rise to a series of special Italian regional wine dinners well worth attending.
Half-portions, portions without sauce, or portions with just a little sauce are never a problem.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu