- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Thu, 11am-10pm; Fri, 11am-10:30pm; Sat, 10am-10:30pm; Sun, 10am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
B, Q at Newkirk Plaza; Q at Cortelyou Rd.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Kids' Menu
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Ave. M to Park Side, Flatbush Ave. to McDonald Ave.
- Order Delivery with picketfencetogo.com
This cheery, tranquil Picket Fence could hardly find a more fitting location than Ditmas Park, Brooklyn's uncharacteristically bucolic 'burb. But despite the June Cleaver-esque milieu inside—real picket fences trim the walls; a basket of toys strategically placed within a child's reach—this self-proclaimed home of "comfortable food" offers some disarmingly daring dishes. Starters (beyond the bucket of popcorn served in lieu of bread) can surprise via some oven-fresh potato chips. Among the ample entrees, try the buttermilk-fried chicken, with its thin and peppery skin. Beaver never had it so good.Extra
Since you're bound to overindulge at Picket Fence, plan a post-meal stroll down one of Ditmas Park's residential streets. The rows of stately Victorian houses and soaring trees will make you think you've crossed outside the borough's boundaries.
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GĂĽnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant