Pie by the Pound
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 77th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
65th St. to 96th St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Pie is as far removed from a neighborhood slice joint as it gets. First, there's the decor: modern, minimalist, more Nolita boutique than Do the Right Thing. Second, the pizza is oblong, resembling a tasty-looking skateboard, and toppings run the gamut from potato-ricotta to bacon-and-egg. Most distinctive, though, is the ordering procedure. You tell the counterperson how big a piece you want, she snips it off, weighs it, and charges you $9 to $11 per pound depending on the topping.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu