Pinch—Pizza by the Inch
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
20th St. to 36th St., Second Ave. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Pizza sold by the inch seems like an ideal catering concept, but does it make sense in a sit-down pizzeria? Only if the pies are good, and at Pinch, they're exceptional. Brothers Todd and Matthew Birnbaum paint their thin, twice-baked crusts with a light marinara, covering each 4-to-36-inch-long catwalk with three different cheeses and a buffet's worth of toppings. It's not unusual to see parties of college-educated professionals furrowing their brows over the complex ordering system. But, like honest subcontractors, the Birnbaums offer "price quotes" to the truly baffled. Homemade pastas and heaping salads are much easier to understand, and not half bad for a place fixated on pizza-metrics.Note
Reservations are accepted for dinner only.Recommended Dishes
Pizza, $0.50 per inch, toppings extra; arugula with goat cheese and citrus vinaigrette, $9
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s