Mon-Fri, 10am-11pm; Sat-Sun, 9am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Business Lunch
- Good for Groups
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
Though not unique (you'll find freshly killed fish available at a number of other Chinatown restaurants), Ping's is the place that currently does seafood best. Chef/owner Chuen Ping Hui's menu consists mostly of simply prepared, Hong Kong-style seafood dishes, though other categories of food are well represented. Whether they're worth your while is a different question; you'd be silly to come here to eat anything but fish, perhaps supplemented by one of the well-executed noodle dishes.Note
Ping's will accommodate just about any special request, but be sure to speak to the hostess: Most of the servers speak very little English.
Credit Card Minimum
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu