- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, 11:30am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Delivery after 10pm
- Full Bar
Vandam St. to 14th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with grubhub.com
In Thai, pinto means “lunch box.” The name is slightly misleading here, since dishes take plenty of (successful) liberties with homey Thai food. Shrimp dumplings come nestled in truffle-infused soy sauce, and charred jalapeños accent crispy roasted pork butt. The crab-fried rice, served in a young coconut and replete with chunks of sweet shellfish, is particularly delicious, and Massaman curry comes with perfectly cooked chunks of lamb. There are minuscule misses, however: Tom yam goong soup gets a dose of whole milk here and could be hotter; there’s little sign of spice in a jalapeño-infused tartar sauce paired with deep-fried fungi called Mushroom Crunch. Owing to limited space, Pinto owes most of its business to local deliveries, but the sleek décor—with muted gray walls and bamboolike paneling—works as a bargain-date atmosphere, even if exotic cocktails are slightly watery.Recommended Dishes
Lamb massaman, $16, crab fried rice in young coconut, $16
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?