Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Late-Night Dining
- Full Bar
14th St. to 18th St., Second Ave. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
It takes guts for a pizza chain to infiltrate the New York market, but Piola managed to sneak in under the pizza-police radar, wood-burning oven and all. The diversely topped pies are the linchpin of an empire that launched in Italy, flourished in South America, and spread to Greenwich Village via Miami Beach.Lunch Specials
Mon.-Fri., noon-5 p.m.; pizza and salad, $8; pasta and salad, $9.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu