This venue is closed.
At Pita Joe, a falafel-and-schnitzel joint near Union Square, the focus is on health. Whether this has anything to do with the spot’s location beneath a massive Lucille Roberts is unclear, but don’t be surprised to see spandex-clad ladies, fresh from a Butt and Gutt class, downing falafel salads and hummus-slathered chicken-schnitzel sandwiches. As at Delectica, his Murray Hill café, chef-partner Erez Cohen takes a nutritionally minded, environmentally friendly approach, using organic chickpeas, flour, and eggs. In addition to Middle Eastern salads and sandwiches, Cohen offers flavored lemonades and cardamom-scented Turkish coffee.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu