This venue is closed.
At Pita Joe, a falafel-and-schnitzel joint near Union Square, the focus is on health. Whether this has anything to do with the spot’s location beneath a massive Lucille Roberts is unclear, but don’t be surprised to see spandex-clad ladies, fresh from a Butt and Gutt class, downing falafel salads and hummus-slathered chicken-schnitzel sandwiches. As at Delectica, his Murray Hill café, chef-partner Erez Cohen takes a nutritionally minded, environmentally friendly approach, using organic chickpeas, flour, and eggs. In addition to Middle Eastern salads and sandwiches, Cohen offers flavored lemonades and cardamom-scented Turkish coffee.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages