- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, 9am-1am; Fri-Sat, 9am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
E, F, M, R at Forest Hills-71st Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- No Alcohol
78th Ave. to 62nd Ave., Peartree Ave. to Metropolitan Ave.
This venue is closed.
Like a real-life version of 90210's Peach Pit, this peach-painted gelato shop is the ultimate high-school hangout. Always crowded, open late and just down Austin Street from the multiplex and dozens of popular restaurants, it makes a natural date closer, particularly if you're lucky enough to grab one of the outdoor tables on balmy summer night. Descended from a family business that started in 1920s Milan, the cafe serves a not-particularly-dense gelato in flavors like fior di latte, whisky cream and refreshing mint chocolate, arranged in shapes ranging from pizza (with whipped cream and strawberry sauce) to Pinocchio. The kitchen also offers breakfast dishes, soups, sandwiches and pastas, as well as a wide selection of cakes and pastries, which make for a frenzied take-out business.Recommended Dishes
Coppa after eight, $7.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu