Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to 14th St., Second Ave. to Eighth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Between the neon beer sign in the front window and the 3 a.m. closing time on weekends, it’s not hard to peg the patrons at this hole-in-the-wall. Stumbling, liquor-filled partiers are known to line up for a slice of whichever pies remain behind the counter, and though beer goggles may be the only excuse for ordering the “fresh” basil pesto, there are less worrisome options: Sicilian-style pepperoni topped with sausage crumbles; crunchy thin-crust loaded with spicy chicken; and, of course, the ubiquitous, toppings-free cheese. But even these reheated alternatives have only the faintest traces of sauce. Not that the boisterous guests planted on the duct-taped stools and leaned up against the peeling, mint-green walls mind. For them, scarfing down just about any folded slice and some greasy garlic knots hits the spot—even if they won’t remember it the next morning.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu