Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Carroll St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Full Bar
9th St. to Atlantic Ave., Washington Ave. to Court St.
This venue is closed.
Stepping into the dining room of this century-old pub can be an exercise in time travel, albeit with wonky elements. Vintage photographs of the neighborhood line the gold-painted tin walls and the crowd only adds to the out-of-time effect, with plenty of glitzy jewelry and toupees that look ready to order their own meals. The menu is by-the-book pub fare—a sampler of fried everything, a bracingly fragrant French onion soup, and passable burgers and steaks. The large, pleasant patio with shrubs and fairy lights gives this place an ambient edge over other workaday bars—well, that, and the vivacious old regular who interrupts his meal to shout "Yo!" across the room, helpfully pointing out that you're headed into the broom closet rather than the bathroom.Delivery
P.J. Hanley's only delivers pizza.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s