The Place on West 10th
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
It takes guts to open a restaurant in Manhattan—especially when said restaurant inhabits a location that some consider cursed. But Alexander Achilleos, who's operated the original Place over on West 4th Street for the past nine years, had no qualms about opening an outpost in the notorious West Village spot. He's relying on his loyal following and chef Quechol Elias's Mediterranean-inspired American fare to change the luck of the cozy brick-walled space, where diners can partake of the Place standards like sweet-potato ravioli (goat cheese raviolo in the summer), braised short ribs (duck leg confit in the summer), and fish stew.Brunch
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu