- READER REVIEWS
Tue-Thu, noon-10pm; Fri-Sat, noon-10:30pm; Sun, noon-10pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Bay Ridge Ave.
81st St. to 61st St., Seventh Ave. to Shore Rd.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This tiny, dimly lit spot churns out authentic Polish dishes, the likes of which you'd expect to see in an Eastern European grandma’s kitchen more than on Bay Ridge’s bustling Third Avenue. The mixed pierogi dish gives you the option of fried or boiled, with a choice of several fillings (spinach and cheese, sauerkraut and potato, etc.), but the oniony cheese and potato is perhaps the most satisfying, with just the right pop of pepper. A sweet and tangy sauerkraut soup is also a suitable preamble before one of many heavy entrees, like a mushroom-stuffed chicken breast, swimming in a fungi-laden gravy. You also can’t mis-step with the beef stew, which offers square chunks of meat that quickly fall apart in your mouth, alongside buttery mashed potatoes. Both mains are accompanied by a salad of shredded red cabbage, sauerkraut, cole slaw, beets, and carrots.Recommended Dishes
Cheese and potato pierogi, $7.25; stuffed chicken breast, $12.20; beef goulash, $12.65
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu