Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
12th St. to 42nd St., FDR Dr. to Eighth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
Long lines and slow service shouldn’t stop diners from filling themselves up with the vegetarian goodies available at this popular Murray Hill Indian eatery. For appetizers, don’t miss the tasty, succulent samosas (filled with spiced potatoes and green peas) or moist and grainy iddly (steamed lentil and rice cakes). For dinner, many patrons choose the mouthwatering (but oily) dosai: crepes filled with onions, potatoes, cilantro, and rice, among other ingredients. Dozens of rice dishes from Punjab and Gujarat round out the menu.Lunch Special
Mon.—Fri., noon—3 p.m.; $8.45Recommended Dishes
Iddly, $4.95; samosas, $5.45; palak paneer, $10.95
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu