Daily, noon-3pm and 5pm-10:15pm
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Lexington Ave.-63rd St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
42nd St. to 83rd St., FDR Dr. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Vegetarian goodies abound at this upper-east side branch of a popular Murray Hill Indian eatery. For appetizers, don’t miss the tasty, succulent samosas (filled with spiced potatoes and green peas) or moist and grainy iddly (steamed lentil and rice cakes). For dinner, many patrons choose the mouthwatering (but oily) dosai: crepes filled with onions, potatoes, cilantro, and rice, among other ingredients. Dozens of rice dishes from Punjab and Gujarat round out the menu.Lunch Special
Mon.—Fri., noon—3 p.m.; $8.45
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu