- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Charles St. to 23rd St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Highway
This venue is closed.
Although Pop's Pierogi may look like an unspectacular quickie food joint, if you put Pop in a pierogi showdown with Mrs. T, he would take her down in a flash. Pop's soft, handmade dumplings are far superior to any frozen version and at $5.49-$5.99 a serving, they are nearly as economical. Pop also wraps his dough around more than just plain old potatoes and cheese; exotic fillings like beef and cherry are on offer here. The menu also includes other hearty Eastern European dishes, like bite-sized, meat-filled pelmeni, as well as choices that blur the boundary between savory and sweet. Tantalize your taste buds with blintzes filled with cabbage or peaches, pastries filled with beef or poppy seeds, and a flan-like, and ultimately too rich, khachapuri made of mozzarella and sour cream.Extra
Lunch Special: Mon-Fri, noon-4pm, $6.99 and $7.99Recommended Dishes
Pierogi Trysome Combo (choice of three kinds of pierogi), $7.99
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu