- READER REVIEWS
Pounds & Ounces
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
Bank St. to 26th St., Park Ave. to 11th Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Located on a bustling Chelsea corner, Pounds & Ounces is a nice place for a fun night with friends: an oversize bar with a marble top, a well-varied menu with approachable American fare, energetic music worthy of a celebration, and creative cocktails. It occupies the former Viceroy space but feels more like an upscale corner diner. Some of the food here succeeds: The roasted chicken with potato-cauliflower purée and rainbow Swiss chard is juicy and reliable; the pickled jalapeño deviled eggs are hearty and decadent; and the restaurant’s specialty, tuna tartare tacos, are light, fresh, and palatable. The grilled kale Caesar salad topped with trevisano, Parmesan, and white anchovies, on the other hand, arrives overcooked and bitter. But the drinks and energetic atmosphere make up for it. Be sure to try a cocktail like the sweet Huckleberry Fizz with muddled blueberries, lemons, and sparkling water.Recommended Dishes
Deviled eggs, $7; tuna tartare tacos, $13
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu