Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 33rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
23rd St. to 42nd St., First Ave. to Fifth Ave.
This venue is closed.
Fresh seafood steals the show at Prespa, an unassuming Murray Hill spot which boasts a few outdoor tables shielded from the street by plants. Inside, a blond-wood curved bar with chairs upholstered in cream and aloe opens up to a beautiful high-ceilinged space, which is overlooked by a small balcony with seating at each end. Jazz and acoustic guitar set a lazy mood, and it feels like perpetual summer thanks to the beachy colors, wall tiles, and sconces that throw off a caramel light. Tuna tartare delivers sushi-grade fish on a bed of tangy chickpea and avocado relish with fried artichoke chips. Paper-thin cuts of zucchini and savory, salty prosciutto envelop red snapper on a grid of asparagus with drizzled black olive oil and leek vinaigrette. A similar vibrancy comes through even in the simple arugula salad, whose tart balsamic vinegar is so potent you can smell it as the plate arrives.Recommended Dishes
Tuna tartare, $13, zucchini-prosciutto wrapped red snapper, $22, Moroccan lamb shank, $19
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu