Pure Thai Cookhouse
Mon-Thu, noon-10:30am; Fri-Sat, noon-11:30am; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
38th St. to 65th St., Fifth Ave. to Twelfth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
As opposed to your more futuristic Thai joints, Pure Thai Shophouse, the new 35-seater from David and Vanida Bank of Recipe and Land Thai Kitchen, is meant to evoke Thailand’s homier canteens. On the menu, you’ll find an assortment of budget-friendly Wok plates as well as noodle dishes that can be ordered with your choice of noodle (the egg variety is handmade), and “dry” or as a soup. They’re prepared by Vanida at a small noodle bar and if you want a taste of her hometown of Ratchaburi, the crab and pork combination is the way to go. Her Bangkok-born husband David got his start at her family’s restaurant in Thailand (they’ll be using family recipes) but then he’s also been sous-chef at Mercer Kitchen.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu