Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 68th St.-Hunter College
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
60th St. to 95th St., East End Ave. to Fifth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Pyramida has upgraded from an unassuming takeout counter to a full-service restaurant serving some of the best Middle Eastern food this side of Astoria. Falafel and a succulent lamb shwarma rival the finest in the city, thanks to an obsessive devotion to fresh, homemade ingredients; hummus is given an extra kick of garlic and left chunky, baba ghannouj is pureed to a luxurious silky texture, and the lamb is juicy, even after a brief char on the grill. In addition to Middle Eastern staples, Pyramida also has a flair for Egyptian food, like refreshing foul medammas, a popular street food in Cairo made from fava beans mashed with tahini and enhanced with a lemon zing. The crowning touch is the house lemonade; made from both the zest and fruit of the lemon, it's whipped to a foamy, frothy consistency that explodes with pure citrus flavor.Catering
Pyramida caters anywhere in the five boroughs and the tri-state area.Recommended Dishes
Falafel, $4.75; baba ghannouj, $4.75; kamb shwarma, $5.75; foul medammas, $8.95; lemonade, $4.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu