Rafaella on Ninth
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Great Desserts
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
10th St. to 37th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
After a downcast restaurant season post-2001, only one of the three original Rafaella restaurants in the West Village remained—in a high-ceilinged square space in Chelsea. Fans continue to appreciate the generous portions and fresh ingredients at this holdout. The atmosphere feels like a cavernous café that coincidentally has table service; mismatched chairs, plush couches, marble-topped tables, and colored charcoal art hangings make up the interior, punctuated by exposed brick and huge windows. The far-reaching menu runs to crepes, salads, pizzas, and pastas—such as ziti and fresh tomatoes topped with arugula and chunks of broiled salmon. Don’t overlook the homemade cakes and tarts shielded by the glass display case, especially the Vesuvius cake, a decadent blend of chocolate mousse, caramel, nuts, and vanilla cream.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu