- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F, G at Bergen St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Delivery after 10pm
- Beer and Wine Only
Carroll St. to Montague St., Underhill Ave. to Columbia St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
First-time restaurateur Bakul Miah and chef Mohammed Belal from Bengal opened this no-frills Indian restaurant among the many eateries and shops on Smith Street. While a sparsely decorated interior makes takeout a popular option here, dining in means complimentary papadum (thin, crispy bean wafer) with classic chutneys: brown tamarind, green cilantro-mint, and red onion. An assortment of fried appetizers—vegetable samosas and vegetable, banana and chicken pakoras—is under-seasoned; fluffy naan, fresh from the clay oven, makes for a better starter. The recommended vegetable karahi, which the menu does not attempt to describe, consists of broccoli, carrots, celery, potatoes, and chickpeas sizzling in a pungent stew. Chicken tikka masala is, conversely, very mild, while lamb madras, tender meat in a tomato and onion sauce, is richly memorable.Recommended Dishes
Vegetable karahi, $9.95
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?