Mon-Thu, 6pm-11pm; Fri, 6pm-midnight; Sat, 5pm-midnight; Sun, 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
B, C at 81st St.-Museum of Natural History
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
72nd St. to 92nd St., Central Park West to Riverside Dr.
This venue is closed.
Before Spice Market, back to that time when pan-Asian was all the rage, Rain opened on the staid Upper West Side to the delight of the denizens. Ten years later, light, flavorful dishes still feel current, as does the zen-like, slightly tropical décor, replete with Asian artifacts and cinnamon-colored walls, which have aged surprisingly well. Although the dining here is solid, expect no surprises. Dishes include standbys like predictably crisp Vietnamese spring rolls with shrimp, but they rarely challenge. Once a groundbreaker, Rain is now a tried and true crowd pleaser.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu