Rare Bar & Grill
Mon-Wed, noon-11pm; Thu-Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 11am-midnight; Sun, 11am-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Canal St. to 14th St., University Pl. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
When Corner Bistro is a five-minute walk away, do you head to the old standby or enter Rare Bar & Grill? The interior may not offer the same ruggedly low-brow appeal, but then again, the flavors are more sophisticated. Towers of beef here can be accompanied by any number of creative toppings—truffle butter, a fried egg, or a weekly cheese from Murray’s. The single drawback is that the square room that looks like a mishmash of sports bar meets airport lounge: a red-wine-and-mustard color scheme with dark-wood tables flanked on either side by a small bar and a cushioned banquette. A slag-iron chandelier of welded cattle brands is the one lively touch. Non-beef choices run to token chicken sandwiches and pork po’boys.Happy Hour
Mon.–Fri., 2 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu