- READER REVIEWS
Redwood Kitchenette and Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Eighth Ave.; A, C, E at 14th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Daily
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
This campy space is outfitted with a vintage Airstream Trailer, linoleum “wood-grain” flooring and redwood wall panels, and a retro mural illustrating the joys of Dick-and-Jane era picnicking. The kitchen is run by former Thistle Hill Tavern chef Rebecca Weitzman. Her menu nods toward simple American pleasures with cheeky starters like truffle disco fries topped with scallions, a light sage gravy, and a few flecks of Parmesan. Other items are equally messy: a plate of shredded pulled pork sliders come with a side of chips, and a delightfully meaty mushroom/lentil vegan burger tastes even better when dipped in sides like the intense fontina fondue. The most impressive entrée is “Chicken Two Ways,” consisting of a deep-fried drumstick and a tender brick-grilled thigh served over a stack of thin, syrup-drizzled pancakes and a sour arugula/pink onion salad.
Reservations only accepted for parties of six or more Dinner menu is not served on SundaysRecommended Dishes
Chicken two ways, $18
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu