- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
F at York St.
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
This venue is closed.
Rice with Jamaican jerk chicken, rice with Thai beef salad, rice with Vietnamese grilled chicken salad, rice with tofu balls, rice with curried chicken–you get the picture. It's all about rice at this staple for students and hipsters who aren't on the Atkins diet. The menu globe-trots from Jamaica to India to Thailand, offering ten different types of rice and about a dozen main-course toppings (curries, salads, sauces, etc.). Other entrees are available, but these tend to be less consistent than the house specialty. For style points, there's a small but plucky wine list. At the original, shoebox-sized Nolita location, a candlelit atmosphere that's perfect for a low-budget date, while the Brooklyn branches have a very cool brick-warehouse setting with outdoor patios.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods