- READER REVIEWS
Mon-Tue, 6pm-10:45pm; Wed-Thu, noon-2:45 and 6pm-10:45pm; Fri, noon-2:45pm and 6pm-11:45pm; Sat, noon-2:50pm and 6pm-11:45pm; Sun, noon-2:50pm and 6pm-10:45pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Robataya NY focuses on the robata technique of cooking proteins over a charcoal grill — the latest type of Japanese cuisine served by Bon Yagi, who co-owns ten restaurants including Soba-Ya and Curry-Ya. “People think of sushi and tempura, but we have other interesting cuisines in Japan,” says manager Hisaya Kadoi. Diners sit around the counter and pull their dishes and drinks from long-handled wooden paddles wielded by the chefs (and similar to what pizzaioli use to turn pies).
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s