Mon-Sat, 11am-11pm; Sun, noon-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
Chambers St. to 13th St., Third Ave. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Unorthodox Japanese cuisine in a spartan, takeout setting awaits at Robongi, the bento-box-size eatery on lower Seventh Avenue. You can get your fix with creative maki combinations such as yellowtail with apple and tobiko, or generously sized plates of beef negimaki and well-calibrated fried tempura. On a typical night, a lone chef busily assembles Styrofoam to-go containers behind the small sushi bar, and a single waiter sponges down plastic menus in the corner while light rock emanates from the radio. Nary a restroom in sight, Robongi is not exactly a crowd-pleaser, but for wallet-friendly sushi, it can hardly be dismissed.Recommended Dishes
Spicy-tuna-avocado salad, $4.95; rich roll, $11.50; Mt. Fuji roll, $11.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu