- READER REVIEWS
Rocco's on 22nd Street
This venue is closed.
Rocco DiSpirito's new restaurant (and subject of an NBC reality series) celebrates the Italian-American cooking of his Jamaica, Queens, childhood. The room is decked out with a kitschy Bay of Naples mural and what Rocco calls "the tackiest wallpaper you've ever seen." To lend an air of authenticity to the proceedings, Rocco's mom (and executive chef), Nicolina, is in charge of the meatballs, while Aunt Elena handles the fresh pastas and Uncle Giuseppe supplies wine and sausages.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu